We Buy Houses Philadelphia

Discover How to Sell Your House Fast

Should we be questioning the Actions of the Philadelphia Redevelopment Authority?

The Philadelphia Redevelopment Authority has a plan to condemn and seize forty-three properties via eminent domain in the Point Breeze neighborhood. With a budget of 1.7M, the PRA finalized its list in their July meeting. Twelve out of the forty-three are already owned by city agencies, leaving the other thirty-one owned privately by individuals and developers. With several of these purchased within the last few months, the PRA have no concrete plans for the next steps.  According to a quote from Councilman Kenyatta Johnson, 40% of the properties will be new construction for affordable housing and the other 60% will be for market- rate housing.  The belief is that all of these lots are tabbed for affordable housing development which is a huge problem. Does it really make sense for the Philadelphia Redevelop Authority to seize privately owned lots only to resell them back to private developers? To read more…

Advertisements

October 3, 2012 - Posted by | Uncategorized | , , , ,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: